Lake Ponderosa 2022 Annual Membership
In 2022 your $35.00 membership dues helped to accomplish all of these important activities necessary to keep our lake safe and enjoyable…..
- Boat Ramp – new entrance gate and operating system
- Fish Management – fish population, habitats and annual re-stocking
- No Wake Buoys – repaired and replaced buoys
- Contingency Fund – increased funds held in reserve to address future negative impacts to the lake community (ex. hog confinements)
- Association Building – maintenance, upkeep and cleaning
- Lake beautification – trash removal, lights on causeway, flags on entrance signs, perennial exchange, children’s events, etc.
- Communication – work to keep property owners informed of issues and information about the lake via the Anchor newsletter and LPA website
- Educational courses – guest speakers and events at the Assoc. Building
- Fireworks – organize event, secure vendor, sort and redeem cans/bottles (supported by volunteers)
- Water Quality Testing – gather water samples and test for clarity and nitrates. Ecoli testing is analyzed by the University of Iowa Hygienic Lab
- Tornado Siren – transitioned testing/upkeep to Poweshiek County
- Organize and lead events: Kids Fishing Derby, pancake breakfast, etc.
- Financials – manage budget/expenses, insurance, contingency fund, etc.
- Welcome Bags – put together and distribute bags to new lake residents
Please consider supporting these and other valuable activities by completing the 2023 Lake Ponderosa Membership Form and returning it along with your membership dues. Thank you for your continued support of the Lake Ponderosa Association!