The following lake Ponderosa rules are posted at the boat ramp.
- All watercraft operators and passengers must obey boating laws of the State of Iowa as well as the restriction as to hours set forth
- Reckless driving and operating motorized water vessels while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances are criminal offenses that can be enforced in court.
- All watercraft, motorcycles, golf carts, ATVs (four wheelers), etc. must have current Lake Ponderosa Stickers
- Only property owners, their children and/or their grandchildren are allowed to have watercraft, motorcycles, ATVs (four wheelers) of any type on Lake Ponderosa
- Only one water skiing boat per lot is allowed on the lake at any one time. This restriction includes jet skis, wave runners or other types of water vehicles
- No one under 12 years of age is allowed to operate a water craft propelled by a motor of more than six horsepower unless accompanied by an adult (someone who is at least 18 years of age)
- Operators must pursue a course with the shore on their right
- Operator plus observer is needed when pulling a skier/tuber etc.
- Floatation devices, lights and fire extinguishers, horns or whistles are required for all watercraft
- Non-powered craft has the right of way at all times
- No wake policy will be in effect in inlet areas. “Your boat should not cause waves”
- No watercraft shall be operated after dark without lights
- Alternate going through the mouse hole
Water Ski and Jet Ski hours will be from sunrise to sunset Monday through Thursday
Water Ski hours will be from 9:00AM – 8:00PM Friday through Saturday and holidays
Jet Skis, Wave Runners and Tubers hours will be from 11:00AM – 7:00PM Friday through Sunday and holidays
These hours will be in effect from the Friday preceding Memorial Day through the Labor Day holiday. Wave runners may be on the lake during skiing hours, only when they are pulling a skier.
If you are a contractor interested in using the boat ramp area for business purposes please click here for additional information.